McLaren Racing announces global partnership with British American Tobacco

McLaren Racing announces global partnership with British American Tobacco

108
0
SHARE
McLaren Technology Centre exterior
photo: McLaren

McLaren Racing has today announced a global partnership with British American Tobacco (BAT). It will be focused solely on BAT’s potentially reduced risk products while grounded in technology and innovation.

The centre of the multi-year partnership is on accelerating BAT’s transforming agenda.

The agreement brings together two companies with a shared interest in technology, innovation and design. There’s as well a clear desire to deliver significant and meaningful change in their respective industries.

Technology is a core part of the relationship; McLaren Applied Technologies will work with BAT on areas including battery technology and advanced materials. The two companies will share best practice, innovation know-how and mutual experience.

Zak Brown, Chief Executive Officer, McLaren Racing, said:

“We welcome BAT to the McLaren team and support their ambition of delivering meaningful and lasting change through innovation. BAT’s transformation agenda is central to this partnership and we are pleased to share our technical experience and expertise in helping to accelerate this.”

Kingsley Wheaton, Chief Marketing Officer, BAT, said:

“We’re extremely proud and excited about this new partnership, further enabling us to accelerate the pace at which we innovate and transform ourselves. It gives us a truly global platform with which to drive greater resonance of our potentially reduced risk products, including our Vype, Vuse and glo brands. Ultimately, innovation and technology will support us in creating a better tomorrow’ for our consumers worldwide.”

British American Tobacco owned and sponsored a team in Formula 1 from 1999 to 2005

Its name was British American Racing (BAR). Honda bought 45% of it in the middle of 2004 and in September 2005 bought the remaining 55%. Consequently, that became the Honda F1 Team. Meanwhile, British American Tobacco remained as a sponsor until the end of the 2006 season.

In its 118 races, BAR took 15 podiums as well as 227 points. The team also won 2 pole positions but had no victories. Its best classification in the Constructors’ championship was 2nd place in 2004 while the best achievement in the Drivers’ standings was second of Jenson Button during the same year.

LEAVE A REPLY